The QCPL collects processes, preserves, safeguards books and non-book materials acquired through purchase, gifts or donations and allocations from the National Library of the Philippines.
- Facilitates informal self-education.
- Supports and complements research in all fields of endeavor.
- Provides bibliographic access to City’s information resources.
- Provides wholesome use of leisure time in a most conducive learning environment.
- Establish reading centers in barangays to serve those in depressed or remote areas.
- Uses bookmobiles to reach as many people as we can in many ways as we can for story time and reading program.