The library is considered a research environment where users expect to work undisturbed. The following must be observed.
1. The library is not responsible for theft, damage, or loss of personal property, including property stored in carrels. Library users should take every precaution to ensure the security of personal belongings, especially purses, wallets, backpacks, books, portable computers, and other electronic devices.
2. Foods are not allowed inside the reading area. Coffee, drinks, water, cakes and pastries are served at the Café@lib. Use trash cans after personal cleaning of spills. NO SMOKING (Ordinance 1515, S-2005) inside the library.
3. Quiet conversation with others in the library is allowed, however, be considerate of those studying around you.
4. Cellphones must be set to non-audible signals while in the Library when answering phone call, one must go out and answer calls at the hallway. Charging fee of P20.00 per hour payable at the City Treasurer’s Office is required. Clients may charge in the area, provided they register first at the Information Desk located at the ground floor.
5. Books are strictly for ROOM USE ONLY.
6. Maximum of 3 to 4 books are allowed for each reader depending on their research work. After using the books leave it on top of the table for inventory purposes. The staff will return the books in the shelves. Feel free to ask the staff for any related research.
7. Photocopy is allowed provided a book pass must be filled up for the books to be taken downstairs for photocopy.
8. Printing service is available on materials accessed from scanned collection. Printing charge is 2.00 pesos per page.
9. Readers are free to use LEX Libris, The Lawphil, Chan Robles computers for an hour. If anyone wishes to extend their time they will be allowed to unless there are no other readers using the computers. The next reader is always prioritized to give equal opportunity to all users.
10. Law Research Section encourages library users to use headphones or other listening device inside to avoid distractions while reading/studying but on low volume only so as not to disturb others. Refrain from using audible devices without headphones.