Public restrooms are not always the cleanest places to visit. Even a clean public restroom can harbor many germs just by the fact that so many people use the same facility all day long. To decrease the chance of contracting germs or just helping you feel more comfortable using the said facility, this policy will give you few tips to keep in mind.
The intent of this policy is to promote proper hygiene and to maintain the cleanliness of our public toilet. Policy for the Users:
• Never leave the restroom dirty. Smelly toilets are big turn offs.
• Lock the door carefully when inside.
• If someone is inside, wait for the other person to come out.
• Do not spill water on the floor as someone might slip and get hurt.
• Never forget to use flush once you are done. Check the toilet seat for unwanted stains or substance.
• Do not spit on walls. It is absolutely childish to write names or make designs on toilet walls.
• Don’t take much time inside the restroom. One should avoid taking hand phones inside the washroom.
• Tissue paper must be thrown inside the dustbin and not anywhere else. Sanitary napkins must be wrapped in polybags / toilet tissues and disposed in dustbins.
• Do not leave the restroom with taps / faucet on. It is important to conserve water.
• One should not smoke inside the office toilet. It leads to suffocation.
• Keep the soap inside the soap case.
QCPL Pantry located at the ground floor of the building is being used by our employees only, i.e. Main (Reference, Filipiniana & Local History, Periodicals, Children’s Corner, Management & Information System, Baggage Counter and Law Sections) and Branch Libraries Staff when they happen to be at the Main Library during lunch time and snacks.
The following policies and regulations have been developed to ensure the proper use and preservation of the facility:
1. The Conference Room is designed for the use of QCPL activities/affairs only.
2. Quezon City Government Offices are allowed to use the Conference Room, provided there is an advance notification/written request addressed to the City Librarian stating the purpose, date and number of participants for reference purposes.
3. Mayor, Vice Mayor and City Councilors will be the priority in case of conflict of schedules.
4. A schedule of date will be strictly followed on a “First come first served” basis among QC government offices.
5. A maximum of fifty (50) persons will be allowed to use the conference room to avoid overcrowding, as well as comfort room facilities are not designed for large groups.
6. The Conference Room is ideal for a one (1) day short meetings, trainings, forum, programs/activities of the library and other official functions by the office and the requesting party. Therefore, a theater type arrangement is advised, no tables to accommodate a seminar-workshop or so. Other arrangement will be allowed only upon request.
7. The room is available Monday through Friday between the hours of 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. to allow for adequate time for set up and clean up within the Library’s regular office hours. The facility is not available during evenings, weekends or holidays.
8. Cleanliness and orderliness inside the room must always be observed, as there will be no assigned janitor to monitor and maintain its cleanliness while the conference is ongoing.
9. Bringing in of food inside the Conference Room is not allowed. However, food preparations can be served at the roof deck, and Café @Lib if food item is bought there.
10. The Conference Room is not equipped with audio-visual facilities, so the requesting party must bring their own and take responsibility for the operation and care of their own equipment. Library-owned audio-visual equipment is not available to other requesting party, provided it will be operated by the library staff.
11. The requesting party will be held responsible for any losses/damage of any furniture, fixtures or equipment during their stay in the room.
12. The Participants of the event are not allowed to park at the QCPL Parking area. It is reserved for the QCPL Readers and QCPL Government Vehicles only. They can park in other QC Hall parking spaces.
The following policies and regulations have been developed to ensure the proper use and preservation of the QCPL facilities:
1. The QCPL Discussion Room is limited for the use of the Library and City Officials only, particularly the City Mayor, Vice Mayor and City Councilors.
2. A schedule of date will be strictly followed on a “First come, First Served” basis.
3. A maximum of 10-15 persons is allowed to use the facility as this was designed for small group discussion/meeting only.
4. The room is available Monday through Friday between the hours of 8:30 to 4:30 p.m. to allow for adequate time for set up and clean up within the Library’s regular office hours. This facility is not available during evenings, weekends or holidays.
5. Bringing of foods/drinks is allowed on a case to case basis.
6. Cleanliness and orderliness inside the room must be observed always. Be sure to turn off the aircon, lights and other electrical facilities when leaving the area.
7. The requesting party will be held responsible for any losses/damages of any furniture, fixtures or equipment during their stay in the room.