1. All Reference materials like books and other collections are for Room-Use-Only. These materials can be photocopied upon the approval of the Librarian-in-charge with corresponding gate pass to be presented to the guard.
2. The Reference Section practices the open shelf system wherein the researchers can go directly to the bookshelves and look for their needed books. In case of unavailability of books in the shelves, users can ask the Reference Librarian for assistance.
3. Users are advised to search their needed books and other reading materials at the OPAC before going to the shelves for books needed;
4. All users are required to sign in the User’s Registration Form for statistical reports purposes.
5. Library users are required to sign the book cards placed at the back cover of the book, give it to the Librarian and leave any valid ID. Users can only get their IDs upon returning the books borrowed, noted by the Librarian and/or staff-in-charge;
Interviews by researcher/s to the Librarians are allowed provided there is a written request sent to the City Librarian prior to the interview for proper scheduling.
1. The client must pay a ₱20.00 per hour (consumable/non-refundable); as per approved Ordinance No. 2291, S-2014 (D)-Fines and Fees. Payment of charging fee/s should be made by the client to the QC Treasurer’s Office- Quezon City Miscellaneous Cashier for the issuance of official receipt. It is understood that payment of charging fee of P20.00 has been agreed upon and understood by the client and that it was done voluntarily and of his/her own free will.
2. The client/s must use his/her own device/s for charging;
3. The library staff/s are not obliged to provide any charging paraphernalia to the client;
4. The staff may provide charging equipment to the client provided the staff will not be liable or responsible for any loss or damages to any device/s of the client;
5. The client is responsible for the safety of his/her own gadget/s while charging; he/she should not leave the charging of his/her gadget/s unattended. QCPL staff will not be liable or responsible for any loss or damages to any device/s of the client.
The Quezon City Public Library welcomes Librarians, students, school groups, government officials and civic organizations to visit the library in order to provide an orientation to the library facilities, policies, services and resources the library has to offer. In order to provide the greatest level of services, group visits/tours should adhere to the following:
1. Library tours/visits shall be accommodated by sending letter requests or thru email at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org or call telephone number (02) 922-40-60. The purpose or objective must be indicated in the request including date and time of visit; ages/level and number of participants. Requesting party must wait for the approval and confirmation of the schedule.
2. All visits and tours should be arranged at least one week in advance. Groups of 25 or more should make arrangement earlier for approval and scheduling so that appropriate staff support can be arranged.
3. All visits and tours will be scheduled during the library’s regular hours of operation, on a first-come, first-served basis preferably when no other library programs/activities are scheduled to take place. If a group shows up without letter request, library staff will try to accommodate the group provided there are no other scheduled library visits/tours. Otherwise, the group will not be accommodated or will be rescheduled some other time. In the event that unscheduled groups from faraway provinces visit the library and wish to have a library tour, they will be given consideration.
4. All visits and tours will be conducted between 8:00 am to 3:00 pm only, Monday to Friday.
1. Library visits and tours will be conducted by assigned library staff. The library will provide a video presentation of the Quezon City Public Library’s mandate, services and activities. For children or grade schoolers, educational and recreational storytelling and/or puppet shows will be conducted.
2. All groups must be appropriately supervised by assigned librarians/staff during the tour. Coordination and maintaining proper order must at all times be observed within the library premises so as not to disturb other patrons and not to disrupt the normal operations of the library.
3. In order to provide an effective visit, preschool groups are generally limited to no more than 20 children. The optimal group size for older children and adults is 30 people. At least one adult for every 10 children must accompany a group. Large groups should consider breaking into smaller groups for a more effective and productive visit.
4. Tours last approximately 30–45 minutes, and begin in the Library Main Lobby Area.
Unscheduled tour will be accommodated granting that they have referral letter. However, no video and puppet showing will be made.